Recent study among cancer patients shows that acupuncture significantly eases menopausal symptoms, including joint and muscle pain.
To Tumblr, Love Pixel Union
- Acupuncture helped to significantly improve menopausal symptoms among women taking estrogen-lowering drugs for breast cancer
- Both patients who received traditional acupuncture and those who received a sham acupuncture procedure experienced similar symptom reductions
- This could be a demonstration of the placebo effect in action, or the slight pricking of the skin involved in the sham procedure may have caused actual physiological changes
- Acupuncture has been safely used for thousands of years to treat dozens of health conditions, including chronic pain, nausea, high blood pressure, and more
- Acupuncture appears to work equally well with skin-penetrating needles or acupressure (the use of pressure to stimulate acupuncture points)